my long term ek9 project (gearbox repairs 16/11/)

brunny

Celer et Audax
ok where to start, i bought this around a month ago from a local lad who had been the cars second owner after it was imported over. he ended up using/abusing it, and parked it up in his outbuilding for almost 6 years

poor thing was itching to escape, it has a few nice little bits on it, tein springs, spoon rear brace, greddy filter/intake pipe, unbranded manifold/2.5 inch system.
i am planning to revert it all back to standard including recommissioning the a/c system which came supplied in boxes in the boot :)

in its new home

the engine bay is in a sorry state so i decided to remove the motor to repaint the engine bay and maybe give the motor a tidy up too.

it had 2 cw and 2 pink/ fluorescent gunmetal alloy wheels so that had to be addressed too

i have also stripped the front end down to remove all rust, and prep the bay for paint

many may laugh/pass judgement but i have built myself a booth to paint the car in using my compressor/spray gun as my garage has proper extraction.

thats it for now but i shall add more as i go along :thanks:

Dude no one on this forum will laugh at your self made spray booth and attempts at painting your own car, I will probably speak for a majority when I say that that level of dedication and effort is something to be admired :nice:

Progress looks sick so far man, keep the thread updated as you go!

Agreed on that, top marks and respect for doing the work yourself, diy spray booth looks like it served it's purpose just fine :nice:

making great progress for having the car a month :nice:

You can do my engine bay in your home made booth if you like :D haha

big props for doing this yourself!

cheers guys/gals. i guess its a bit unorthodox to do it all in a garage/home made booth rather than a proper paint shop but why the hell not, the car won't be going anywhere for a good while yet :D

Keep up the good work :D

love it. good luck wid it man.

of-course nobody here will be laughing, we fully respect everybody here n when it comes to doing work yourself and dont be worrying abt ppl anyways :)

a few more of the ''booth'' if you dare call it that

a/c laid out

touch wood and pinkies crossed it will be this weekend if i get 5 minutes to myself :)

Here mate there's not a thing wrong with the home made booth, well done for having ago yourself

That booth actually looks really decent

Wish I had space to attempt to paint a car myself

that is a lot bigger than some of the makeshift booths I have seen here in Germany and back home in America. personally I think it looks good.:nice:

Good work man. Glad to a 9 getting saved :).

Much respect for building your booth and doing it yourself. Keep the updates coming :)

thank you for the kind words guys, it was my plan to paint the bay this weekend but while charging the air in my compressor tank, the massive flywheel on it chewed through the airline (less say i shat myself) so i am awaiting a new length of airline hose. more updates/pics to follow.

Lol ^^^^^ good work goin on here dude great sein cars bein saved well done :)

right I'm back home for a little while now, and now I have finally pulled my finger out and bought a bottle for my heater I can finish the 9', I painted the bay about 4 weeks ago but work has kept me away, anyway here are a few pictures, not bad for a first bay job :)

Back