Gearbox wear

Had look through that post, mfactory post info on #12 comment. Same part number as you have stated in link, same ones I ordered but they didn't come with any shims so won't have correct clearance.

Its the correct bearing as you say but you need the shims to put between the diff and the bearing to space it up off the diff for clearance

They should have came with the shims unless tegiwa made a mistake and didn't supply them?

I bought mine directly from M-Factory when buying the gears and master rebuild kit and they came with the correct shims/spacer rings

Emailed m factory and they confirmed that the bearings should be supplied with shims for that item code.

Right, I've emailed Tegiwa about this problem see what they say, not impressed with them at all, 1st they mess up my postage now don't send me the shims.... Good business.

How about a 4.7 final drive while the box is open? ;)

For bearings, you can feel them if they are defective and hear it.

I am currently renovating one S80 gearbox where I test Carbon syncro rings:

could i ask how much the rebuild kit is? my s4c needs a 3rd to 4th synchro hub.

How about a 4.7 final drive while the box is open? ;)

For bearings, you can feel them if they are defective and hear it.

I am currently renovating one S80 gearbox where I test Carbon syncro rings:

M factory 4.78 FD is already installed. :woot:

could i ask how much the rebuild kit is? my s4c needs a 3rd to 4th synchro hub.

The full carbon master rebuild kit plus the 3-4 hub and the nut for the top of the countershaft came to around £450 including all postage and import fee's IIRC. I got the kit when there was an offer going though. I also bought replacement Diff bearings at £50, not essential but when your replacing everything else it seemed silly not too. My syncros weren't that terribly bad but wanted to get it sorted before it got worse and I wanted to track the car again. worth the money if you plan on keeping the car for a good while.

HTH.

M factory 4.78 FD is already installed. :woot:

The full carbon master rebuild kit plus the 3-4 hub and the nut for the top of the countershaft came to around £450 including all postage and import fee's IIRC. I got the kit when there was an offer going though. I also bought replacement Diff bearings at £50, not essential but when your replacing everything else it seemed silly not too. My syncros weren't that terribly bad but wanted to get it sorted before it got worse and I wanted to track the car again. worth the money if you plan on keeping the car for a good while.

HTH.

a great help, many thanks

Yea they will supply the correct diff bearings, are the ones on your diff now tapered or normal ball bearing type? If you are changing from tapered to ball bearing then syncrotech supply the ball bearings with a new gearbox housing shim for the new bearings but the clearance should always be measured when changing to a different diff or bearing type to be sure

A gearset is a good upgrade if the gearing suits the particular circuit but if you have to drive any distance its completely useless! I live 25mins from the track so its not too bad, if I was going any further it would be a trailer job

Do you know what the clearance should be with the ball bearing conversion?

Read somewhere it was maximum of .10 mm but not sure if that's correct

Back