Noises BC Racing Coilovers?

MichaelEK9DK

Hi

When I renovated my EK9, I threw BC Racing suspension on.
I had bought it used by someone, I know that He cares for his stuff, bought several things through the person. max 2 years old.

But ever since I got it out and run, came some sounds "dunjg / dunk" behind and very very rarely front.
Like a spring jumps
When I drove over some uneven. I thought it just had to sit down again.

But now after a few months it's really bad and there is constant noise, even when I "jump" in the trunk.

My entire undercarriage, sandblasting, hard race bushings, Blox camper kit behind. Skunk2 camperkit front.
I have tightened all bolts under the car.

But sounding is still there.

The car bouncer not like you normally check out a death shock absorber.

But do you think that my shock absorbers are dead? :)

Thanks.

/ Michael.

Have you checked your roll bar links and bushes?

I have a similar rattle, but im pretty sure its my droplinks. Will reply here once i have them swapped out.

Check that all the locking collars are tight and that the top mount nut is tight. Mine were knocking seriously bad, turned out to be the top mount nut, no noises since.

I have also found the top mount nut to be a little loose causing harsh knocking on bc's. Quick tighten and all good.

right stumbled upon a problem with my coilovers today whilst swapping out my lca bolts. The oem bolts are too short/thin for the bc coilover cup at the rear hence then bolt seems to be knocking off the cup as you go over bumps. As far as im aware my bc coilovers didnt come with replacement bolts? Has anyone else had this experience and where to get replacement bolts that are long/thick enough?

I seem to have fixed my noisy rear suspension. Replaced the rear lac bolts with longer ones for the dc2. The holes for the bc coil overs seemed to be slightly larger than oem Ek suspension and the dc2 bolts stopped the rattle that I was experiencing. Don't know I'f they Are any thicker but there is now no rattles. :-D

Have u set the pre load on your springs before installing them?
if your pre load isn't much then it will be the springs knocking on extension

Back