geometry issue

bobbarron

Had my car in for 4 wheel alignment today and everything is ok except my caster! Left side is +0.59 and right is -2.43! All bushes are good i have ridgid subframe collars so thinking subframe shouldnt of moved! Thinking it could be bent lca? Any other ideas?? And does anyone have an o/s arm if needed?

Both ek9s that I've had haven't been equal in caster.
As long as there is no accident damage or bent arms then I wouldn't worry about it.

I would, he says his cross caster is almost 4 degrees....that would mean the car turns vicious to one side as soon as you let go of the steering wheel. :))

Mines 1.51 and 0.56.
Can't feel anything abnormal through the wheel, on or off power. Car tracks straight.
Although mines only alittle compared to yours lol

Old ek9 was 2.22 and 1.04

Last edited:
I did some measuring and found o/s lower arm is bent back about 5mm! The car actually drives pretty well considering! The tolerance for caster is +0.40 to +2.40 so il stick the gauges back on once ive fitted my new arm and hope that sorts it. My kingpin is also uneven do you guys think it will cure this also?

Attachments

• $20140730_205803.jpg
    $20140730_205803.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 297
Your Kingpin/included angle is not off by just a few degrees, it is over 4 times higher then max. allowed Spec.

So I think your knuckle is bend too, because just 5mm in the lower arm doesnt throw your caster down with several degrees and especially not causing the extreme kingpin so i would worry more about the knuckle.

By knuckle do you mean hub? And also would my wheel spacers be affecting my kingpin readings? What are the specs ment to be? Cheers for the help guys!

Back