BREAKING Spoon EK9 Hi Comp B18C

Started stripping today following parts not available due to severe damage

Wiseco Semi-Coated Slipper Style racing pistons DAMAGED NOT SELLING
IBspec RODS DAMAGED NOT SELLING
SUPERTECH B-Series competition valve-springs and retainers DAMAGED NOT SELLING

**** man :/ what you reckon caused it then? Drop a valve?

I have dropped a valve on cylinder 1 and put a huge hole through the piston also damaging the Conrod. In turn this has sucked up all the bits into the intake and sent them back down the to the other cylinders causing further damage. Cylinder 3 it also pretty bad with broken valves. Cylinder 2 and 4 has debris in which has mashed the head further but generally those crowns look ok. I found part of what look like a spring. This could have been a result of the damage but I think maybe it was the contributing factor. I don't see how with my setup and a 8600 limit I could drop a valve....

On inspection the cams seem fine but stupidly I took the cams out with pullies and can't get pullies off. So my bro is gong to carefully get them off at his work.

It happened to mine Ian , valve spring broke what a mess it makes
U said u had a funny noise before u went to the ring

It happened to mine Ian , valve spring broke what a mess it makes
U said u had a funny noise before u went to the ring

Yeah I think the inner spring had broke and by kissing the limiter gave it enough bounce to drop the valve.

When my photobucket works I will get some pictures up.

Wow that's serious bad luck, upgrading all the parts and running stock limit, still dropping a valve! Not like your pushing 9500rpm or anything serious.

Wow that's serious bad luck, upgrading all the parts and running stock limit, still dropping a valve! Not like your pushing 9500rpm or anything serious.

Exactly my thought! That engine should have been bomb proof. Always warmed up and cooled properly. Oil change atleast every 2k.... Inc plugs and gearbox oil.... What did I do wrong... :blinx:

Not sure you did anything wrong mate, seems a lot of people have issues with built b series. Most just seem to smoke a lot though...

Mine did that before it was built so I had it done "properly" and look where that landed me!

Back