Well after three years of usage my battery was crap again. Why? I forgot to unbolt it during this years cold winter so it got discharged to zero and damaged. DAMN However i thought it was a bad idea to bolt and unbolt the battery before and after every drive anyway so i decided to upgrade with a new battery charger which runs a cycle to keep it fit and charged at any time. let's see if it works. i hope so. Car Batteries ain't cheap
The new one:
and In it is
Car starts nicely again
To prevent from future damage i added the Cycle-charger. Hope this works fine
While working hard on my Fairlady project i found an hour of time to get some work done on the EK9.
I removed the radio and antenna a while ago so i decided to improve my power-to-weight ratio a bit more and remove the now-useless Front door speakers. Before:
Cover back on - done!:
Weather gets cold now over here so i decided to put her to wintersleep. so that means fill the fuel tank to prevent it from rusting:
Give her a proper wash and waxing:
Put it back to the garage, install battery charger, open the window slightly to let air circulate and moisture out and put the cover back on. Sleep well. See you spring 2015
Thanks mate. Yeah, what i've been told it's best to open one window for 1-2 centimeters so the car can "breathe" while standing inside a Garage for a longer time. this will prevent moisture inside the car condensating when surrounding temperatures etc change fast and thus causing rust etc..
Good things need their time. as you can see my EK9 is constantly evolving over the years. no need for a rush
You can check more detailed updates of my project and my complete 240Z restauration on www.JDMjunkies.ch
Thanks mate and all the others for your replies Actually i thought about cleaning the header, but have no idea how. any inputs?
On the other side i like how it looks "racey" with these heatmarks
I have to thank my friend Alex a lot. I had these G-sonic (by GP-sports Japan) tow straps laying around for months now but was not sure how to install them on my EK9. But lucky me Alex needed my help so i talked him (A talented parts manufacturer) into making me a custom tow strap mount. So when he showed up to take measures he already created a prototype from some mobile pictures i sent him, and the prototype already fitted perfectly. Thanks a lot
This is what the base part looked like:
Last week i sent this item for Anodizing (eloxieren in german) to a company and just got it back today, RAL9005 black, as i wanted. This way its more safe from corrosion and looks a bit more professional and stealthy:
And this is the complete setup which will be mounted at the genuine rear tow hook. Hopefully you'll see soon
Progress on my projects seem to be a little slow but there are two reasons: First we have brilliant spring weather which doesn't happen too often here. so i decided to enjoy the nice weather and second: Im doing a lot of background research and work so there IS a lot of progress on the fairlady but nothing to show
However i decided to enjoy the nice weather today again and combine it with a little EK9-trip. But i had some issues i wanted to clear before i go out. First was the broken TopFuel mirror. I broke it a while back when i wanted to install it better then my first attempt. Here i'm removing the broken mirror:
Glass removed from the mounting case (black, in the back), and applying the new one. You can see i added two layers of the black tape to the mirror-glass itself. And (this is important) one layer to the black mounting case. otherwise the glass will not stay safely!
Done. I installed it back in the car later, but forgot to take a shot
Next was the Rear tow hook. this is the original tow hook thing:
My plan was to install th is setup:
Worked fine but need to figure out how i can make it stay in one position. probably need to stuff something into the blank space. we'll see..
Also had a look at the front Tow strap installation but decided rather than dissasembling the whole front and and then not finishing up due to missing screws i'll better hop into the care, drive it around our local hills and then give it a nice wash. Thats exactly what i did
or if you mean the handbrake-console, it's just four screws and two clips at the front. move the seats, remove the screws then gently move the console up and down until the clips have loosened. that's it