My fancy heavyset hoses and vac lines, my purple 4 mm vac line hadn't arrived at this point and the 8mm stuff looked more pinky, they are changing how they make it so they can get a better colour match
Loom connectors, which I need to pin my looms out onto
Polishing my fuel rail again
There is more to come, ill dig out pictures and update this again
A big part of this build was not originally planned but it was my uni dissertation project, so here goes...
....Turbocharging of a Honda B16a engine
The idea for my dissertation was to improve both performance and efficiency of my engine, so ordered most parts to date
I needed a quick spool turbocharger that would work with the high revving engine, so I started with a Garrett GT28rs
Denso 550 cc injectors suited the setup so I got some of them
HKS filter, pretty obvious....
With all the fresh paint and the dress up items, I wanted a manifold that would perform well and look good and I pretty much loved the PLM top mount turbo manifold and down pipe from the moment I saw it
Then next was my intercooler choice, I wasn't too sure what to get so in the end I went for a brand I knew and measured the face of the car and the space between the bumper and the slam panel and bought the biggest one I could find
Thats as far as the turbo project got before the car went to M.A. Autos for paint. Unfortunately with cock-ups from both parties, I retrieved the car where it sat on my drive for around 3/4 weeks before a very good friend of mine put me in contact with one of his friends who was a painter. After he looked at the car in pieces he said he would do it and asked me to put the car back together to check shut lines and that everything was there, he came again and we arranged for the start of march for him to paint the car.
Getting picked up for paint round 3!
Her new home until she is painted
Whilst in for paint, got a few more items
Then I got the engine soda blasted, unfortunately it got inside the engine so I had to whip the head off and it was absolutely everywhere. I wasn't very happy and I had a long hard think and decided to go all out now and forge it, so I ordered some:
81 mm CP pistons
Eagle H beam rods
So to kick it all off a change of turbo, nothing to brag about just a Garrett GT3076R, well it was advertised as a Garrett GT3076 but me and a few of my mates who know turbochargers more than me said it was the 'R' also gave it a bit of a clean
Obviously needed a Plastigauge to determine bearing sizes
Needed to make sure my brakes were up to the task, so after frantically looking at different setups like mg tf 4 pot and turning down some spoon sports 4 potters I got some EP3 civic 300 mm front brakes, only problem was they are 5 stud and I wanted to stay 4 stud
Making a tool to hold the centre of the discs
Just need to space the disc away from the carrier as its fouling atm, but think I have solved that, will wait until the car returns from paint before I know for sure
Also getting the wheels ready for polishing and painting involved drilling and tapping the holes for the new split rim bolts