Then done a few sessions at castle combe for forge action day.
Car went tidy at castle combe, couple of sessions went great. Next day travelling to Devon to meet the girlfriend and had a big problem... my oil cooler and radiator split. Just under 30miles to go I bought some oil and water, filled it up and limped it to where I was going. The car went home on a truck that night
Now it was a pretty easy fix really, had the radiator repaired fine, could of just bought a new oil cooler.. but nope thought I'd have a mess about again this winter, sooo..
Out comes the engine, for some work to be done, I was having troubles changing gear at high rpm so sent the box off to be checked over and have new seals. Have now started collecting parts for it starting with these seats.
So since I was driving the dc2 daily and it's now off the road I had to start using the black dc1. The girl needed a daily car while her ek9 went for winter work and I really wanted her ek9 project sooo we swapped.
Got it home and tucked it in with my dads escort while I set about getting it ready for the road.
@nicole_ helped me finish off the interior while she was down visiting which was the last bit it needed so now its ready go for its mot and get on the road
Instead of lerking on the forum with my dc2 I actually have a ek9 now
I really don't know what happened to the oil cooler and radiator and how they managed to break at the same time. Could of been something put through the front of the car from being behind people at castle combe, then they decided to let go on my long drive down Devon, I'm not quite sure. Luckily no damage to anything else on the car and the engine so not to bad
Started working on the dc2 properly now I have the ek9 through mot and on the road.
Bumpers and skirts off, and engine bay stripped down ready for paint.
Changing the rear wheel bearings and putting the ARP extended studs in to match the fronts.
going to get underneath in a coat of underseal while it's just sitting there and clean up all the suspension.
Had my order from TTS performance come through. Was originally mounting the rotrex as a top mount, but decided to go bottom mount for more power so got the extra bracket and pulley needed.
Got a few parts building up at home now ready to put it back together once the shell is ready. Got it booked in with @Beetlejuice for January for a custom intercooler and pipes, exhaust, catch can and some other bits that'll hopefully pretty much finish off the car